Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 2006 19:34:13 -0600
From:      "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
To:        Kent Ketell <kketell@juniper.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Replacement for Adaptec 2200s

On Jun 5, 2006, at 5:56 PM, Kent Ketell wrote:

> All,
>
> It has come to my attention, apparently a bit belatedly, that Adaptec
> has discontinued the 2200s and the 2120s RAID controllers.  This
> really
> bums me out as it is the controller that I have standardized all of my
> FreeBSD 4.x systems on.
>
> My question to you all is this:  What RAID controller is available for
> use in FreeBSD 4.x that offers the same type of functionality as
> the AAC
> family did?

Something else in the AAC family?  You may have to back port specific
device support for newer controllers but the 2230SLP and 2130SLP for
example are supported with the aac(4) driver under 6.x and I don't
know how much the driver has changed in the meantime between FBSD 4
and FBSD 6 but it may be pretty easy to backup device support into
4.  Worth a check

Chad