Date:      Tue, 14 May 2002 21:46:49 -0800
From:      John Andersen <jsa@pen.homeip.net>
To:        "fred zhang timogen" <fred@timogen.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: POP3 mail FREEBSD Gateway

On Tuesday 14 May 2002 08:40 pm, fred zhang timogen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the freeBSD as a gateway and connect the ineternet by ADSL.
>
> But why It is very difficult to retrive mail from some mail server by pop3.

Difficult as in SLOW?

Thats usually caused by one of two things.
1) Dropping ident packets instead of rejecting them (or accepting them).

2) Some pop servers also insist on a resolvable Reverse IP, and some ISPs
set up lame reverses.  If other OSs on your adsl haveno problems then
I would look into reason 1 above.