Date:      Mon, 9 Apr 2001 07:56:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        "'FreeBSD'" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Further to cvsup tags... actually need ports-audio for 4.3-RC .

Hi Dan,

On Sun, 8 Apr 2001, Dan Langille wrote:

> This is such a *huge* waste of bandwidth.  I do wish we could solve this
> problem.  It's occurring time after time.  Ideally, we could come up with
> a simple script which cleans things up.

Dan, there's a lower bandwidth way to solve this, which I've posted many
times when this problem first appeared (because it happened to me).  The
below technique is sort of like cutting off your finger because you have a
hangnail.

> On 8 Apr 2001, at 19:20, Otter wrote:
>
> > That's your ports tree. If it's wrong, just rm -rf /usr/ports/*

Why do this????  The only thing wrong here is that he's got pkg/ and
patches/ still hanging around, probably in a few ports.

Instead:

	cd /usr/ports/ && rm -rf */*/work */*/patches

Done.  No need to regrab the ENTIRE ports ball.  All you've done is type a
few lines and CVSup will now work properly and keep things updated.