Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 1996 08:41:45 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        se@ZPR.Uni-Koeln.DE (Stefan Esser)
Cc:        Richard J Kuhns <rjk@sparcmill.grauel.com>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: One problem && one question

>We definitely need conflict check code
>that covers all bus types ...
>(And I have part of that ready.)

Yeah!!!

>But the BusLogic would still be double
>probed, I suppose, since it responds to
>0x330 ISA probes but doesn't announce
>that port range as active to the PCI
>driver. This is a very bad thing, and
>the card seems to severely violate the
>PCI specs ...

I've come up with another solution.  All probes call
bt_init which can determine the board model.  I've
now changed bt_init to take a bus type argument
and only succeed for cards of the same bus type
were looking for.  Test patch in a little bit...

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations