Date:      Wed, 9 Aug 2006 01:09:00 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        Yousef Raffah <yraffah@savola.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Interrupt Storms on irq:11 with Tecra A4

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006, Yousef Raffah wrote:
 > John Baldwin wrote:
 > > On Sunday 06 August 2006 05:01, Yousef Raffah wrote:
 > >
 > >> Thank you very much John for your great help and support. Now that I
 > >> have the patch working, do I need to remove the entries
 > >> hw.pci.link.LNKG.irq=11
 > >> hw.pci.link.LNKH.irq=11
 > >>
 > >> from my /boot/loader.conf?
 > >>

 > > No.  The patch lets those entries actually work, so leave them there. :)
 > >

 > OK
 > >> I assume I have to do this every time I buildworld, right?
 > >>

 > > No, I'll commit the patch and once it is MFC'd you won't have to re-apply it
 > > after running cvsup.  Until then, you will have to apply it each time after
 > > you cvsup.  I think you can ignore the 'unretryable' errors from cd0 btw.

John: does anything much still get MFC'd back to 5-STABLE these days?
Are there any reasons not to go to 6 with old kit that works well with
APM (esp suspend/resume) but not so far with ACPI?  (ref: '99 Compaq
Armada 1500c)

 > This is great news, thank you so much :)

Yousef: good to see perseverance further!

Just curious .. was that DB-25 on your Tecra a parallel port after all?
And if so, has fixing this interrupt storm problem fixed ppc0 detection?

Cheers, Ian