Date:      Thu, 16 May 1996 08:00:17 -0500 (CDT)
From:      ptroot@uswest.com (Paul T. Root)
To:        jamie@inna.net (Jamie Bowden)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, root@inna.net
Subject:   Re: HP Tapedrive

In a previous message, Jamie Bowden said:

> I have installed an HP C1533A 4mm SCSI DAT drive on my FreeBSD machine,
> and am wondering about hp's cool (not) little toggle switches on the
> bottom....I need settings for those, if anyone can supply them.  mt is
> returning totally invalid desity codes for the tape drive, and I really
> need to run backups on this machine soon.  HP gives settings for sun,
> dec, and hp, but not pc...the scsi adapter is an Adaptec 2940UW.  Any
> help is appreciated.

Use the sun setting. I have that very drive and it works quite well.

--
Paul T. Root - USWEST !NTERPRISE Networking Service	ptroot@uswest.com

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over
 any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent
 harm to others.  His own good, either physical or moral, is not
 a sufficient warrant."    -- John Stuart Mill, "On Liberty" 1859