Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2000 14:16:32 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
To:        Kaltashkin Eugene <zhecka@klondike.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ftpd from BSDI 4.1

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 12:52:39PM +0000, Kaltashkin Eugene wrote:
> When in FreeBSD be ftpd server from BSDI 4.1 ?
> Him support virtual servers and very customisable config.

It is my intention to change FreeBSD's ftpd to the Luke M. version in
NetBSD.  Luke's ftpd provides a very, very nice alternative to the
wu-ftpd one (unless you like security vulnerabilities).  Switching also
moves us to one very much maintained and shares more code with our BSD
brotheren where where is no reason not to.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)
          GNU is Not Unix / Linux Is Not UniX