Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 1999 12:53:03 -0400
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jm7996@devrycols.edu>
To:        "Jaroslaw J. Hrehoruk" <jhrehoru@ddc.daewoo.com.pl>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: encryption algorythm

Well, for starters you could look at the way that a stock install (minus
the secure sources) crypts you password.  You could then check the des
algorythm in the secure sources.

Alternatively, there is plenty of information available on the web about
encryption and the different technologies.  All you need to do is look.

As an aside, blowfish looks pretty cool.  I don't know why we havn't merged
that in with the stable sources.