Date:      Fri, 18 Mar 2005 22:33:12 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Sergei Gnezdov <use-reply-to@nofrom.not>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Are there actual any woman in the freebsd world

In gmane.os.freebsd.chat, you wrote:
> Who of you has ever encountered a woman that doesnt look at you like
> you are a green alian when you tell her "Sweetie my sql server is down
> could you please restart the msqld please. Thx love you honypom"

You really need to keep this kind of staff to yourself.  I mean, don't
involve your girlfriend in it.

Figure out how to do it remotely, via sshd.  Create some heartbeat
script, etc.

> ok i will narrow the specification a bit, which of you ever
> encountered a woman that knows the difference between giving her your
> phone number or giving her a ip address ?

People are social creatures.

If you think you disagree or you don't understand what I mean,
perhaps, you need to grow up.  This book is not about dating, but it
explains relationship between computers and people.

  "The Inmates Are Running The Asylum" by Alan Cooper.

He claims to be user interface usability expert.  You don't have to
read the entire book. Just read the first 25% of it.

And don't event think that geek is synonimum to smart.  The first
mistake geeks make is ignoring the social aspect of life.  The people
skills are as important as technical skills to get things done.  You
don't have to have perfect people skills, just don't ignore this
aspect.