Date:      Tue, 27 Dec 94 10:35:05 PST
From:      "Ugen J.S.Antsilevich" <ugen@netvision.net.il>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org, "Gasparovski / Daniel (ISE)" <u923168@student.canberra.edu.au>
Subject:   RE: ptrace

>A quick question.  Is there anything in FreeBSD which does what the
>PTRACE_SYSCALL option should do in ptrace(2)?  I've poked around in the
>sources (PTRACE_ATTACH and PTRACE_DETACH, though broken, can be acheived
>through procfs.. but no PTRACE_SYSCALL) but havn't found anything yet.
Huh!!!3 days ago that was the thing I asked..I was going to mix something around
strace..Well,probably the best thing to do is to really write that
PTRACE_SYSCALL myself but i have no time-i am hacking around IP.
If you can do this-go ahead,esle may be once i will ...

>Or do I have to use PTRACE_SINGLESTEP and pray to the BSD gods? (yuk)
>(still not sure how I'd detect syscalls, but shouldn't be *that* hard)
Hmm..doesn't looks good to me...

--
-=Ugen J.S.Antsilevich=-
NetVision - Israeli Commercial Internet          |  Learning