Date:      Tue, 3 Apr 2001 03:42:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      donny garcia <donnymgarcia@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   messages with two nics?

im trying to set up a gateway and im not too sure if
my nics are configured correctly. im getting the
following messages in the logs.

66.1.157.213 = gateway router for my isp
cpe-66-1-157-214 = the hostname.

Apr  2 23:55:35 cpe-66-1-157-214 /kernel: arp:
66.1.157.213 is on dc0
but got reply from 02:00:42:01:9d:d3 on dc1

i did an ifconfig on one nic to talk to the outside
world and an ifconfig on the second nic to talk to the
hosts in my LAN network.

im guessing the two nics are answering to the same
address?? can someone point me to the right direction
to fix this. thanks in advance