Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 1999 22:22:16 +0100 (MET)
From:      Stefan Reinauer <stepan@suse.de>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: faked BSD disklabel to boot from SRM

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Doug Rabson wrote:

> I thought about this too a long time ago.  Unfortunately the fields in th=
> first sector which SRM uses to point at the bootstrap overlaps with the
> MSDOS partition table.  It just isn't possible to make a disk bootable
> from both SRM and AlphaBIOS (which is why I wanted to do it).

Hmm.. is there some documentation about that first sector with the pointer
to bootstrap overlaps? Or is this part of the bsd disklabel structure
starting with the magic number 0x82564557? I have multiple versions of
this structure now but none is documented.. :)

Stefan.

--=20
SuSE GmbH                                       Can you afford *NOT*
Schanz=E4ckerstr. 10                                     to use Linux?
D-90443 N=FCrnberg                 =09
Germany                         =09=09=09AlphaPowered