Date:      Wed, 27 Jan 1999 15:16:15 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Jenkins <mjenkins@carp.gbr.epa.gov>
To:        billf@chc-chimes.com
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: device error

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999 Bill Fumerola wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, Mike Jenkins wrote:
>
> > Thanks for adding '10.22 Why do I get "/dev/bpf0: device not configured"?'
> > to the FAQ.  The date listed at the top of http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/
> > needs updating.
>
> That date corresponds to the date doc/FAQ/FAQ.sgml was updated, not the
> sub-pages. Including the date does seem rather inaccurate, but I'll leave
> that to the docproj/web guys to think about.

Ok.  I see that FAQ.sgml simply includes the other sgml files (install.sgml,
hardware.sgml,...,network.sgml,...).  Since the other sgml files are changing
but FAQ.sgml is static, having the FAQ.sgml date is very misleading.  One
thinks the FAQ has not been updated in a while when in fact it is changing
almost daily.  I think removing that date would be a good idea.  I also see
the correct date at the bottom of FAQ.html.

Doc folks,

By the way, the "PDF" and "FreeBSD FTP server" links in FAQ.sgml/FAQ.html
point to /pub/FreeBSD/docs but it should be singular, /pub/FreeBSD/doc.
The FAQ files in /pub/FreeBSD/doc need updating.

Mike