Date:      Mon, 17 May 1999 19:12:43 +0100
From:      Tom Hukins <tom@eborcom.com>
To:        Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami <asami@freebsd.org>
Cc:        sprice@hiwaay.net, se@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ok to remove kde port?

On Mon, May 17, 1999 at 02:15:38AM -0700, Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami wrote:
>  * still are quite a number of KDE application ports, that LIB_DEPEND on the
>  * old libraries. I found the following that want the the KDE-1.0 libraries:
>  *
>  * audio/kmikmod
>  * audio/kmpg

As the MAINTAINER for these two, the only reason I added a
dependency to 1.0 was that was what seemed to be standard at the
time.

kmpg can easily be upgraded - I'm running it with 1.1 with no
problem.

kmikmod appears to be broken, as the committer (taoka) changed the
port significantly when committing it. I wrote to him about this,
but have not heard back.

>  * print/klyx

This one is also mine - I'm running it under 1.1 with no problems.

I won't be able to do anything about this for the next week or so
(new job + new house = busy) but I'll look into things then if they
haven't already been dealt with.

Tom