Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 1997 14:42:12 -0400
From:      Sam Scruggs <sscruggs@cucinc.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCMCIA

I have an overwhelming urge to load FreeBSD onto my laptop computer.  I
have already loaded it onto a couple of machines, and know my way around it
pretty well.  I saw that freebsd had support for the 3C985 (I think that's
the number) PCMCIA Network card.  I am using a similar (still by 3Com)
card, and I have access  to the listed card as well.

My problem: The last time I tried doing this, I could never get it to work,
and I think I screwed up my computer as well.  My computer is functional
now, but...

Here is my question:  Does freebsd have built-in pcic drivers (drivers for
the pcmcia controller as well as for the card), and has anybody out there
loaded freebsd (from scratch) over a pcmcia network card with any sucess?

Thanks,
Sam Scruggs