Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 1996 19:21:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        Dennis Oszuscik <denniso@wwa.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail

On Fri, 7 Jun 1996, Dennis Oszuscik wrote:

> I looked in all the docs, FAQ's and I cant find how to setup
> sendmail to work with my domain. If I send e-mail to user@host.domain.com
> it works fine but if i send e-mail to user@domain.com it gets bounced
> back. My MX points to host.domain.com and it works on another sys.
> I tryed adding DMdomain.com in the sendmail.cf and still will not
> work.

Is the error "mail loops back to myself"?

Then you need to modify /etc/sendmail.cf.  Change the Cw line to contain
all of your machine's names.

For instance, my machine's A name is riley-net170-164, but is CNAMEd to
gdi.  I have a Cw line like this:

Cwlocalhost gdi.uoregon.edu riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu

Hope this helps.