Date:      Wed, 07 May 1997 22:27:02 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        julian@whistle.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVS guru's only

In article <3370DF27.398A68D@whistle.com>,
Julian Elischer  <julian@whistle.com> wrote:
> ok, so I have a branch on the cvs tree
> (say called RELENG_2_2)
> and I want to check out that branch as it was on Dec 25 1996.
> HOW DO I DO THAT?

If you only want to check it out, and aren't planning on checking it
back in again, you can do it with CVSup. :-)  Just set
"tag=RELENG_2_2" and "date=96.12.25.00.00.00" in your supfile.  Fire
up a local cvsupd, and aim your cvsup client at it.  It's actually a
lot faster than "cvs co".

But it doesn't create any of the "CVS" directories, so you won't be
able to use cvs on it after that.

John