Date:      Fri, 04 Aug 2000 08:27:17 -0500
From:      Alan Edmonds <aedmonds@digitalconvergence.com>
To:        Barak Enat <barak_enat@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sysinstall and compaq smart raid disks (idad)

I used the sysinstall from the June 2nd snapshot.  The DL360
can't boot the freebsd CD so I created the two floppy set
to install with.  I did use the sysinstall on the floppies.

The dmesg identifies the device as:

ida0: <NCR/Compaq Integrated Array Controller> port 0x2000-0x20ff mem 0xc4000000-0xc4ffffff,0xc5000000-0xc5ffffff irq 3 at device 1.0 on pci0
ida0: drives=1 firm_rev=1.40

sysinstall detected this device just fine.....