Date:      Mon, 5 Jan 2004 14:08:37 +1000
From:      "Andrew Kozak" <akozak@richardflanagan.com.au>
To:        "FreeBSD Newbies" <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Unable to install freebsd

--------------Boundary-00=_DU00QL80000000000000

Hi All=0D
=0D
 I also had the same problem. I reinstalled 4.9 today (major unrecoverabl=
mess in my setup, reinstall was the only option, but we wont get into tha=
here), several attempts, and found that I always had an error I have neve=
heard of, and darned if I can remember it now. I know I should have writt=
en
it down, but was blaming operator error at this stage, and just kept goin=
g.=0D
=0D
I then popped in my trusty old 4.7 cd and oi oi oi, we are up and running=
 20
mins later=0D
=0D
Is there a problem with 4.9 ? or did I get a dodgy distro ? I tried the
suggested directions below, but did not solve my problem. Ahh well, thank
goodness for ports and cvsup. ;) I guess that's the greatest thing about =
BSD
 got a prob, well there is always an option.=0D
 =0D
Regards=0D
Andy=0D
-------Original Message-------=0D