Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 1996 14:09:13 -0800
From:      wbart3@ktb.net (Bill Bartley)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   atapi/ide cdrom support

Hi -

I downloaded your FreeBSD boot disk and when I used it to checkout
its hardware support, but it couldn't detect my cdrom drive, which
has an atapi/ide interface.  Is this correct?  This type of cdrom
drive is not exactly new - the Slackware 2.3 Linux distribution I
purchased a year ago supported these drive.

Is your product really that far behind the times? It seems hard to
believe.  How long ago was FreeBSD 2.1 created?

Bill