Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:03:03 +1030
From:      Tim Aslat <tim@spyderweb.com.au>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hauppauge WinTV PVR 250 for FreeBSD 5.2

In the immortal words of Andreas Dahl=E9n <andreas@dahlen.ws>...
> 1. When recording no sound is recorded.=20
> I don't have a soundcard in my machine, is that required?  I recorded
> the mpeg-file and played it on another machine. Do I need to do any
> ioctl calls to configure the sound?

I am having a similar problem.  I'm getting no audio when using the
composite input on my PVR-350 card.  John did a fantastic job of getting
the video and tuner working, but I haven't been able to source the
problem with the audio.  This unit does have a sound card, however I'm
trying to avoid using it due to potential syncing problems in the
recording.

I am using a cable which is s-video male at one end and has 2 male RCA
plugs at the other.  I assume this is some kind of hacked composite
input, but the audio doesn't seem to work.

Regards

Tim

--=20
Tim Aslat <tim@spyderweb.com.au>