Date:      Fri, 30 Aug 1996 11:08:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        jsigmon@www.hsc.wvu.edu (Jeremy Sigmon)
Cc:        kline@tera.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MACH 64 CT card anyone????

According to Jeremy Sigmon:
> On Fri, 30 Aug 1996, Gary Kline wrote:
>
> > According to Jeremy Sigmon:
> > >
> > > This probably should go to a XFree86 list (is there one?) but here it goes.
> > > I downloaded the new 3.1.2F binaries and I cannot get the thing to work.
> > > I am running FreeBSD 2.1.5 and I have a ATI Mach 64 CT video card with
> > > 2048K memory.  My machine has 16megs of memory.  My monitor supports
> > > 1280x1024 and HFreq 31.5 - 64 VFreq 50-120
> > >
> > > I am using the Mach64 server, I didn't choose a RAMDAC and I chose the
> > > STG1703 Clock Chip.  I have not tried SVGA yet, but I might soon.
> > >
> > > When I type xinit the monitor goes into power saving mode and I get a blue
> > > box saying : Out Of Scan Range
> > >
> > > Anyone else solve this problem or who can forward this to an appropriate
> > > list and tell me where this list is?

		[[ ... ]]

> Thanks... I found out my problem... Above you see I picked a clock chip.
> I shouldn't have done that.. I misunderstood a message that XConfig told me.
> It said not to probe for it and I assumed that it meant that I had to
> choose the clock chip type. oops.   It now seems to work fine.
> Thanks

		Great going.  The xconfig stuff gets to be hairy...
		It took me twice throught it before my configuration
		was on the path to being correct.

		gary

<><>

     And it's a beautiful idea... that life is, on the surface,
  unendurable.  It's a fierce, ferocious thing.

     Schopenhauer said, at one of his best moments, life is
  something that should not have been.   And if it is not something
  that should not have been but something that should be, then
  you've got to say "Yeah" to it that's all.   That's the way it is.

					    --Joseph Campbell (1904-87)