Date:      Tue, 4 Nov 2003 15:33:57 -0000
From:      Raakesh Tailor <raakesh.tailor@nildram.net>
To:        "'freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   help i forgot my password

Hi people

i havent used my freebsd box for a little while now, iv run into a problem i
though i knew what the password was to get in but it doesnt like it
is there a way i can retrieve the root password without having to re-install
the whole thing or to change the root password.  Please help as i have got a
new job and want to make use of my unix box

please help

many thanks in advance

Raakesh Tailor
Technical Support
* Email:  <mailto:n@nildram.net> support <mailto:n@nildram.net> @
<mailto:n@nildram.net> nildram.net
* Office: 0870 0946000
* Fax: 08701 602 712
* Address: No.1 Triangle Business Park, Stoke Mandeville,  Buckinghamshire,
HP22 5BD

Technical Support exists for the benefit of Nildram customers, providing
support for questions relating directly to our services. Technical support
is here to provide the best service possible to our customers, but can, at
times, be stretched by having to answer unnecessary calls. Please read the
Technical Support AUP for further information. When contacting Technical
Support, please ensure that you have all relevant details to hand, including
details of any specific Error Messages encountered. Please help us to help
you.