Date:      Wed, 6 May 2015 15:11:10 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Ren=C3=A9_Ladan?= <rene@freebsd.org>
To:        Marcin Cieslak <saper@saper.info>
Cc:        chromium@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gyp with BSD make?

> Hello,
>
> Has anybody tried or was there interest
> to modify gyp to generate BSDmakefiles
> that would automatically get our CC, CXX
> and other flags?

That would be quite an endavour I think and make our Chromium less
compatible with upstream.
The configure step would indeed be a bit faster but I don't see any
benefits for the main build step which takes the bulk of the time?

Upstream Chromium was in the process of replacing GYP with GN but that
stalled (to the point where it shall not be mentioned).

Regards,
Ren=C3=A9