Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 00:13:20 +1000
From:      marcus@redcentre.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
Subject:   Re: Changing IP address on DNS

the problem is that the DNS for the domain is also the mail server
for the domain and there is a need to migrate to a new subnet - so
far I have aliased the new IP address onto the nic (via ifconfig) -
I'm just not sure haw to tell the rest of the world that new_ip may
be found at ether_addr.  Once this has been achieved the DNS records
can be updated to reflect the new subdomain.

Marcus