Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 1997 17:11:27 +1000 (EST)
From:      Richard Bernard <rbernard@ozemail.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ppp & tip connections

I can get ppp to PPP but I then unable to get Mosaic or Netscape to
connect to the PPP connection. I do not know how to use another Xterm
window to connect FTP, either.
I also cannot get tip to connect. I get tip to go to the modem and it
then states that it is waiting for reply but it has not dialled. I have
remote and modems in /etc both configured. I cannot re-compile tip. File
libacu.a is not present on the system and I cannot find it on the cd.
I am running on an Intel platform, cpu 486DX=200; 32 megs ram; standalone
system. Any help with these problems would be greatly appreciated.