Date:      Thu, 1 May 1997 21:30:35 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@hydrogen.nike.efn.org>
To:        FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SPAM target

Warner Losh scribbled this message on May 1:
> In message <19970501193004.42591@hydrogen.nike.efn.org> John-Mark
> Gurney writes:
> : >   Not likely.  AGIS is the current home of Cyber Promotions, and actively
> : > defends their activities.
> :
> : sounds like we need to send a message to MCI and see if they won't do
> : any thing about it...  of course we can always to a class action
> : suit... and each of us get $500 for each posting to each list.. :)
>
> don't count on it.  I know of at least three machines in the
> cyberpromo domain that are sending BIFF packets to our subnet every

what is a BIFF packet anyways?  never heard the term...

> time they get a mail message.  The village has been hit with hundreds
> of thousands of these things over the last several months.  We've
> tried everything we can think of to make them stop, and still they
> keep coming.
>
> Ideas?  Can we call the DA or the FBI for a DoS attack?

well.. I think we should call the FBI.. it's a national matter as
he has crossed state lines... as he's spamming our "fax machines"
across the country (and world wide)...

--
  John-Mark
  Cu Networking                             Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD