Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 2004 12:51:37 -0700
From:      "Jesus R. Camou" <jcamou@cox.net>
To:        Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (Simple?) question for translators.

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 03:17:00PM -0500, Tom Rhodes wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If I, or another contributor/committer would happen to rewrite 75%
> or a greater amount of an article/chapter/section; which of the
> following is easier for translators to work with?:
>
> Is it better for translators if we remove that particular document
> and just commit a new version.

This option may work some times, depending on how old docs are.
Some times it is just easier to rewrite everything up.  This is easier
when, for instance, a big amount of big changes are being made. I really
prefer writing a new article/chapter/section rather than changing long
lines and big paragraphs.

> Or
>
> Is it better to commit the large amount of changes to the document
> in question.

On the other hand, this is what I do the most.  I'd pick this way if there
are a big amount of small changes.  For instance typos, adding/removing
just a few lines, or changing words. I'd pick this way to make a small
amount of small changes too. In general, this is what I do the most.

--
Jesus R. Camou <jcamou@cox.net>
sku@anarquia.net