Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 1996 17:29:32 +0000 ()
From:      francis yeung <fyeung@fyeung5.netific.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   system locked up

Greetings,

	I have a Pentium 75 (Zappa), 8MB and 1.2GB disk system
	running FreeBSD 2.0.5. For some reasons, the system
	just locked up. The console display was still working
	fine but I couldn't type anything on the console or
	any virtual console. I couldn't access it from the Ethernet
	either. It looked like the system is in a deadlock.
	There is no message on the console indicating any error.

	What seems to be the problem - mbuf, swap space ?

	Where should I start looking ?
	What should I look for ?

	Please advice.

	Freddy.