Date:      Mon, 14 Dec 1998 13:58:23 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Rainer H. Busch" <busch@be-com.net>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Re: WTB: Alpha 21066 (CPU only)

Hi All !

I could install the 1209 snapshot by the book on my Alphastation 200 4/233.
One thing, however (which is fairly obvious) you have to enter
alpha/<snapshot-id>
in the options menu if you want to ftp the alpha distributions. I think this
is acceptable for the time being.

However, to my surprise, after I finished the installation and rebooted,
SRM informed me that dka0 does not have a valid boot block.
Did I miss something (like mandatory manual installation of a boot block)
or is it a very hardware dependent problem ?

Grateful for all (helpful) comments,

Rainer