Date:      Sat, 24 Feb 2001 10:47:10 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problem with FreeBSD 4.2 and Athlon classic 600MHz

I have had this problem with the same CPU on two motherboards (currently
on an ABIT KA7-100).

The problem is that under heavy CPU usage, I get the following errors sent
to syslog and it slows the machine to a halt.

"microcputime went backwards (7522.53702 -> 7522.506851)".

I get thousands of these messages and once they start - I can not get them
to stop short of a reboot.

I noticed this in the 4.1 days when I tried to use CACHE coloring.  It
does not occur under Linux (or any variation of the problem) or Windows 9x
or Windows 2000.  All perform perfectly with this CPU.

Any suggestions as to the problem?

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@veldy.net