Date:      Thu, 15 Dec 2005 12:47:21 +0100
From:      Melvyn Sopacua <freebsd.java@melvyn.homeunix.org>
To:        FreeBSD Java <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [fixed] jdk-1.5 update to _3 does not work under freebsd 6 stable

On Thursday 15 December 2005 09:33, Beecher Rintoul wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 December 2005 11:09 pm, Beecher Rintoul wrote:
> > On Wednesday 14 December 2005 03:20 pm, Melvyn Sopacua wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > attached are all patches that resulted in a succesful build for me and
> > > firefox showing in about:plugins:
> > > Java(TM) Plug-in 1.5.0-p2-root_14_dec_2005_21_49
> > >
> > >     File name: libjavaplugin_oji.so
> > >     Java(TM) Plug-in 1.5.0
> > >

> > > They might include bits of patches already in the port as some files
> > > already had a .orig.
> > >
> > > In short - I took the shortest route to getting the plugin
> > > implementation to accept PRThread * in place of
> > > JDUint32/nsPluginThread, fixed an include patch for moved headers and
> > > disabled the obsoleted
> > > NS_COMPONENT_MANAGER_CID with an #ifdef.
> >
> > Thanks for your speedy work fixing this port. I added your patches to the
> > port and got this error message on trying a make:
> >
> > ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for jdk-1.5.0p2_3
> > 2 out of 2 hunks failed--saving rejects to Makefile.rej
> > => Patch patch-deploy::make::plugin::adapter::ns7-adapter::Makefile.txt
> > failed to apply cleanly.
> > => Patch(es) patch-control::common::Defs-bsd.gmk
> > patch-deploy::common::Defs-bsd.gmk
> > patch-deploy::common::DeployRules-solaris.gmk applied cleanly.
> > *** Error code 1

Ah. That is because there is already a patch-deploy...ns7-adapter::Makefile in
files/. The mailinglist only accepts text/plain for attachments, so I renamed
the files to .txt to reflect that.

Rename my .txt one or remove the one already in files/ should fix the problem.

It's a bit trickier for the port though, since pre-1.5 mozilla's will fail
with these in, so there should be a MOZILLA_VER check and these patches
applied seperately via EXTRA_PATCHES. I'll leave that to Greg -:)
--
Melvyn Sopacua
freebsd.java@melvyn.homeunix.org

FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE