Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 2000 13:30:05 -0400
From:      RJ Atkinson <rja@inet.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   NetGear FA-410-TXC in FreeBSD 4.0

	The GENERIC 4.0 kernel is not able to find
my NetGear FA-410-TXC PCMCIA 10/100 Ethernet card.
I'm using a ThinkPad 570, though I suspect that's
irrelevant.  'ifconfig -a' doesn't list anything
looking like an actual Ethernet card.  Similarly,
dmesg is not displaying anything that resembles
an Ethernet card.

	According to www.FreeBSD.org documentation,
this PCMCIA card uses the ed(4) device driver,
which appears to be included in the 4.0 GENERIC
kernel configuration.

	Any clues on what I should try next to get
the FreeBSD 4.0 kernel to recognise this card ?

Thankss,

Ran