Date:      Sat, 16 Dec 2000 16:40:45 -0800
From:      "Rudy" <rudybulk@monkeybrains.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   'make installworld' trouble with lib/libc_r

I cvsup'd today. And did a make world.  Buring the install portion, the make
failed.  I can recreate the error by doing the following

> cd /usr/src/lib/libc_r
> make install
install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444   libc_r.a /usr/lib
install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444   libc_r_p.a /usr/lib
install -c -s -o root -g wheel -m 444   -fschg  libc_r.so.4 /usr/lib
/usr/libexec/elf/strip: /usr/lib/libc_r.so.4: File format not recognized
*** Error code 70

Stop in /usr/src/lib/libc_r.

Why does the 'strip' command fail?  Is this something with my machine, or
are others experiencing this?

Rudy