Date:      Wed, 7 Nov 2001 02:31:34 +0100 (CET)
From:      Janko van Roosmalen <janko@compuserve.com>
To:        Martin Vana <martin.vana@vslib.cz>
Cc:        bsd newbie <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: inet speed problem in 4.4

Yes, I also have a similar problem with 2 Edimax rtl8139 NICs between an
Athlon-850 and a 486-120. A ftp of a kernel of 1.8 MB built on the Athlon
took +- 20 minutes to transfer to the 486.
On the freebsd-stable list somebody also reported a similar problem.
I solved the problem temporarily by setting the 486 rl0 to 10 Mbs in stead
of auto.

BTW this is not the right mailing list to post this type of question.
freebsd-questions is more appropiate ;)

Janko van Roosmalen