Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2018 15:24:44 +0530
From:      Rajesh Kumar <rajfbsd@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to add a uart driver for ACPI probe

Hi,

Assuming I have a device driver in FreeBSD, how to make it visible during
ACPI probe.  For Eg: In sys/dev/uart -> I see uart_bus_acpi.c, which has
the list of device which I believe, will be visible during ACPI probe(if it
exists)

Likewise, is there any generic framework to add the devices for ACPI probe
for all types of devices (uart, i2c, gpio etc.,).  What is the purpose of
device list in sys/contrib/dev/acpica/common/ahids.c file?

Also, Is there any good reading material for understanding the ACPI code
design in FreeBSD? I see directories like sys/dev/acpi_support,
sys/dev/acpica and sys/contrib/dev/acpica. So, any good read to understand
how they are connected and placed  in FreeBSD?

Thanks,
Rajesh.