Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:04:50 +0100
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Duncan Barclay <dmlb@dmlb.org>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: House pricse in Cambs (was: Semi-offline for a while.)

> >> I'm hoping for a 3-bed bungalow in a just-out-of-town location for
> >> about UKP800 PCM.
>
> That should be okay out of town. In town you'll get something but maybe
> in a "bad" location (bad for Cambridge is not really bad at all).

Good to know!

> This is a good accomidation board
> http://www.brettward.co.uk/canb/
>
> There is another that contains all the commercial people, but I don't
> have the URL - try
> http://www.gwydir.demon.co.uk/cambridgeuk/
>
> and the essential
> http://www.bluesplodge.co.uk/cambridge/pubs/

Thanks!

> The choice of location is probably going to be influenced by
> where you are working and the time you start work - traffic getting
> into Cambridge in the morning is horrible.

I'm in Science Park, and commuting from the centre of town (Crowne Plaza).
I guess I'm looking in Histon and the like, up north.

> > That should be doable.  My father lives in Meldreth, about 15 miles SW
> > of Cambridge IIRC, and before he bought his house, it was getting £550
> > per month rent.
>
> Small world - I live about two villages closer to Cambridge than Meldreth.

We need to meet for a drink sometime :-). I'd like get together with
the Cambridge crowd again.

o       Mark Murray
\_
O.\_    Warning: this .sig is umop ap!sdn