Date:      Sat, 03 Aug 2019 22:32:50 +0200
From:      Henrik Gulbrandsen <henrik@gulbra.net>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd-rwg@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Virtualization <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: New video BIOS for bhyve

On 2019-08-01 19:19, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:
> I let this fall through my cracks as well while busy with
> other things.  I too would like to see this work moved
> forward.  I see that your patches are against an 11.3
> system, and can appreciate that not everone has resources
> to run -head, how can we assist in getting these patches
> moved forward to head?

Oh, I can switch to 13-CURRENT. It's just that I run a single
passively cooled low-power workstation and build everything
from source code, so it will take me a couple of days to make
the switch and rebuild all ports to avoid any ABI problems.

The kernel patches are minor, and it looked like 11.3 had a
recent merge from current, so I figured the difference would
be small in practice. However, just in case of potential new
problems, it seemed better to release a working version for
11.3 before I started struggling with the rebase.

/Henrik