Date:      Thu, 5 Oct 2000 16:02:03 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Orville R. Weyrich.Jr" <orville@weyrich.com>
To:        Jindra Fucik <Jindrich.Fucik@sh.cvut.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: EtherExpress PRO/100 - EISA

I don't know anything about this card.  EISA is one of those good ideas
that did not catch on before it was displaced by a better one (PCI).

In general, there is little support for EISA -- but you may be able to use
an ISA driver.  I know that Adaptec's 1740 EISA SCSI card could emulate a
1540 ISA SCSI card, so this might be the case for EtherExpress PRO/100 -
EISA also.  Of course, this defeats the whole idea of using an EISA card.

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Jindra Fucik wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have problem with Intel EtherExpress PRO/100 - EISA
> (not PRO/100+, not PRO/100B)
> I can not find driver.
>
> Is this card supported?
>
> Thanx
> Jindrich Fucik

IF YOU WANT REFORM, VOTE REFORM  ------- VOTE BUCHANAN/FOSTER VOTE!
Orville R. Weyrich, Jr.                 Weyrich Computer Consulting
mailto:orville@weyrich.com     KD7HJV        http://www.weyrich.com
Visit our online collection of book reviews:

		  http://www.weyrich.com/book_reviews/

Ask about our world wide web services!