Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 1997 08:44:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      PARADOX@DEPAUW.EDU
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I need help with printer

Jack Morang asked about not being able to print; his description was a
perfect fit for what I went through last week.  It turned out that,
reasonably enough, lpd was not being run at boot (at installation, there
being no printer set up).  It was very satisfying to type lpd after getting
the error message to have the printer start up with the test.

If lpd is up and the error is produced, then more advanced comprehension of
the system than mine is needed.

Lou Smogor
paradox@depauw.edu