Date:      Wed, 1 Jul 1998 04:47:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jose@cnct.com
To:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
Cc:        Chris Coleman <chris@bb.cc.wa.us>, freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Floppy Disk X Server?

Some time back there was a linux distribution that provided x11r5 on a
floppy (later versions used 2 floppies or a small hd partition).. it's
name escapes me at the moment..

there is also the tinyX distribution, which although is found on linux
arhives, is subject to the XFree copyright (it's based on XFree 1.3)..

granted these are rather dated, but they are functional nonetheless and if
nothing else, they can be used as a guideline for putting together an
PicoBSD X on a Floppy snap.

I think it can be done, but at a definate loss of functionality, so it may
not suit everyone's (anyone's?) needs..