Date:      Sat, 3 May 1997 10:19:13 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        Anthony Hill <ahill@interconnect.com.au>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Postscript on a bubblejet

Anthony Hill writes:
 > I'm about to purchase a printer - it needs to be cheap, and I need to be
 > able to print postscript. I belive something pretty workable can be done
 > using ghostscript as a filter talking to non-postscript printers.
 >
 > So the question is - has anyone used either the HP Deskjet 400 or the
 > Cannon BJC-210 with ghostscript with acceptable results ?

I'm using ghostscript and apsfilter to print postscript on my Epson
Stylus 300, which I bought a couple of years ago for $99.  In my
opinion, this is the best $99 postscript printer you can buy!  ;^)
At 300x300 dpi, or 360x360 dpi on the Epsons, the postscript output is
quite readable, but not what you would call beatiful.  Careful choice of
fonts will help the output look better; sans-serif fonts seem to do
better IMHO.