Date:      Fri, 16 Apr 1999 10:06:07 +1000
From:      Jim Mock <jim@corp.au.triax.com>
To:        Robert Watson <robert+freebsd@cyrus.watson.org>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Powered by FreeBSD logo

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 at 19:20:57 -0400, Robert Watson wrote:
> Two comments--
>
> First, it took me a heck of a long time to find the logos on the
> FreeBSD page.  I knew they were there somewhere, but figuring out I
> had to go to the Galley to download a logo to put on a page was
> painful :-).  Maybe we could add a link on the front page, or just
> an Advocacy link that would include them?

The new advocacy site will take care of this.  We should have it ready
to go any day now.  The image gallery is already done.. you can see
what we've got for the site so far at http://www.ghis.net/~jim/FreeBSD/
until our new home is ready.

> Second, many of the logos assume a white background as they are
> transparent gifs.  Anyone have one that assumes a black background,
> or no background?  I'm not sure I like the ones with the big yellow
> bar so much, but do like the ones with Chuck taller than the bar.

If anyone has or decides to make any of these, let me know about them
and I'll add them to the gallery.

--
Jim Mock  System Administrator  jim@corp.au.triax.com  ,-._|\  FreeBSD
work:  Triax Internet Services  http://www.triax.com/ /      \ The