Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 1998 20:38:28 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        dan@math.berkeley.edu (Dan Strick)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SNAP Status

> I tried the same thing:
>
> 	cat bin.?? | zcat | tar tvf -
>
> and it worked just fine (i.e. I saw no error messages though I did not
> check the pipeline return status).  The problem seems to be in the
> installation process itself.  It claimed the extraction failed but
> gave no reason.  Is the error output from the extraction commands stored
> anyplace during the installation process?  (Someplace that I could
> look at after the failure?)

John Hay found it earlier today and I fixed it.  It was switching to
minigzip that hosed us (dark look at Dima ;) and I failed to
adequately ensure that it would be truly equivalent.  My bad.
I'm rolling another SNAP now.  current.freebsd.org is also back up
but behaving a little oddly; I'm working it too now.

- Jordan