Date:      09 May 1997 14:32:47 +0200
From:      Peter Mutsaers <plm@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   JAZ drive: How to turn off write verify in FreeBSD? etc.

Hello,

Does anyone know how to turn off write verify for the JAZ drive?
Currently I can only do that in Windows but I would like to configure
it under FreeBSD of course.

Turning it off makes writing about twice as fast. Does somebody know
how reliable a Jaz drive is with and without write verify?

Another JAZ question: If I boot (I use the freebsd bootmgr on the MBR)
without a Jaz disk inserted, I have the option to switch to disk 2 (I
have two internal SCSI disks). If I have inserted a Jaz disk however,
I can only boot from partitions on disk 1 (not from disk 2, and
not from the Jaz disk either). Why does the bootmgr get so confused?
or is it a BIOS problem?

Thanks,

--
 /\_/\
( o.o ) Peter Mutsaers  |  Abcoude (Utrecht), |  Trust is a good quality