Date:      Wed, 11 Mar 1998 14:50:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      dyson@iquest.net
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        julian@whistle.com, jkh@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Softupdates code not Prime Time yet.

> I have to echo what Julian is saying additionally if you are not prepared
> to give a kernel stack trace and possibly nice printfs  of kernel data
> structures then don't try soft updates. I hate bug reports like
> "soft update crashed my system" 8)

Pretty much the same with the VM and NFS stuff that I have been
working on.  Please, whenever you have problems with the kernel,
a traceback and other such information is very useful.  Alot
of traffic for the VM and NFS stuff happens in the background,
where the groups don't see it...  People who know the issues
about working on the kernel, also generally know that a statement
about a crash without any kind of information is useless, and
often just gets ignored.

IF one sends the output of a panic only, without the appropriate
portion of the namelist, the info is useless.

John