Date:      Sat, 22 Jan 2000 18:58:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        "Dan Seafeldt, AZ.COM System Administrator" <yankee@az.com>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Microsoft Windows Update

On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, Dan Seafeldt, AZ.COM System Administrator wrote:

> becomes a permanent thing running in the background. The Windows update
> website does not seem to consider the timing of the posting of security
> breach details or descriptions.

The patches usually show up on Windows Update several days to weeks after
Microsoft puts out the advisory, which is usually several weeks to months
after the problem is first publicized. If we were to implement a system
like this, I'm sure we could do better ;-)

Kris

----
"How many roads must a man walk down, before you call him a man?"
"Eight!"
"That was a rhetorical question!"
"Oh..then, seven!" -- Homer Simpson