Date:      Thu, 24 Apr 1997 13:09:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Junkins <junkins@speakeasy.org>
To:        "David M. Meyer" <meyer@network-services.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPv6 kernel for freebsd?

On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, David M. Meyer wrote:

> 	Is there one?
>
> 	Thanks,
>
> 	Dave

Dave,

I'm setting up a 6Bone feed for a guy at UBC that's trying to port NRL's
stack to 2.1.6.  He's going to send me the diff's if he's successful.  I
also had some success getting Inria's stack for FreeBSD 2.1.0 to compile
on 2.1.6 with minimal effort.  I didn't had a good way to test it since it
was on my machine at home which didn't have an ethernet card in it at the
time.  I'm currently running FreeBSD 2.2 and am not aware of any IPv6 code
available for it.  I would like to work on porting one of the BSD 4.4
stacks to FreeBSD 2.2 but don't think I'll have much time to dedicate to
the effort in the foreseeable future.

I'm getting Frame Relay to my house in the next couple of weeks and will
have Cisco's IPv6 stack running with a 6Bone feed to my home router when
the FR link comes up.  That should facilitate any porting efforts I
undertake.

I'll let you know as I hear more.

- Doug

| Douglas A. Junkins       | Mail: junkins@speakeasy.org              |