Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 1995 07:30:15 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Porters: Please shorten your "one line comments" a little if you can!

> Is this important for 2.1?  Does Satoshi give us a general permission
> to commit to these files right now?  Fixing it would be fairly easy.

Important for 2.1?  I guess that's up to Satoshi..  If he wants the
packages to look nice in the install menu, then yes.  If not, then no.

> Btw., this is the magic sequence:
>
> perl -ne '@F=split(/[|]+/);print "$F[3]\n" if $F[5] =~ /^$ENV{"USER"}@/' /usr
/ports/INDEX

Sort of!  I do this *already*, you see, but things still look like
crap..

> How many characters is the maximum, Jordan?

It depends on the length of the longest name field in the menu.
Sorry, that's just the way libdialog does it.  It finds the longest
menu item and then tries to truncate all the others to fit the same
dimensions.  Take a look at the packages menu and you'll quickly
see what I'm talking about.

					Jordan