Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2007 14:59:50 -0400
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm-keyword-freebsdhackers2.e313df@mired.org>
To:        Marc =?iso-8859-1?q?L=F6rner?= <marc.loerner@hob.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: i am facing these issues after my FreeBSD 6.2 installation.

> 5. Where are the kernel sources located? I need it because i want to do
> kernel network programming? Is having kernel sources sufficient or there
> are other dependencies also?

As others have pointed out, /usr/src/sys. There are no other
dependencies needed to work with that source.

> 6. How do developers usually keep their kernel sources in sync with the
> main Central Kernel source? Do we use CVS or Subversion for this?

Again, as others have pointed out, cvsup, cvs, and a few
others. However, unlike other systems, if you update the kernel
sources, you need to update the rest of the system as well. And vice
versa. Read the documentation (say /usr/src/UPDATING!!) for more info.

	<mike